Thursday, July 31, 2008

DANNY LANE

Dan, Suzanne and Addison visited us on the farm. They arrived July 21st and left July 29th...and it just wasn't long enough! While here, Dan cleared the brush clear around the lake and now we have a walking path. Bill said we will name the walkway..."Danny Lane". After Dan cleared it...using a large tarp to pull the tree limbs and large brush he had cut down & pulling with the golf card...Bill cut it low with the zero-turn mower. Dan and Suzanne also weeded my wild flower gardens and now we have that looking so nice. Of course we went swimming and Suzanne, Addison and grandma here....stayed out playing so long one day...I got a sunburn. And yep...I forgot to put on sunscreen but...I do have a nice tan now. We caught lightening bugs and watched butterflies, Addison even caught a baby frog and had it in a make-do aquarium one evening...but Dan told her to put it back in the lake. We attended church on Sunday and afterwards stopped by and saw grandma Mac. Although she only weights about 92 lbs. now....she did recognize Dan and it made her so happy. Addison and her great-grandma held hands and looked into each others blue eyes...for a long time. All in all....we just loved having Dan & family here and getting to see each other any time we wanted to. We can't wait to see any of you any time you get the time and money to visit....you are most welcome. I love you all!! Mom/Grandma Line

2 comments:

Erin Dougal said...

Thanks for your comment on my post. I can't wait to see you again. I must be lucky to see my grandma THREE times this summer! That never happens.

Janet said...

Thanks Erin...love you so much! Three times is a record, huh?