Tuesday, June 10, 2008
My family
We had a wonderful visit from Kelly, Jose, Erin, Dallan, Jay, Marie and Ana. They flew into Ohio on June 3rd and stayed that night with Holly's. Next day they went to visit Kirtland and then drove back down to our home. It was great seeing the van pull up to our place, knowing my first-born was once again in Ohio with her family! The weather was hot and so the swimming was great! Bill and I had fun getting the last of the 4 bedrooms upstairs ready for everyone & grocery shopping for all 9 of us. Sure brought back a lot of memories of my life raising 8 children!! Thursday everyone hung out and rested up. Friday we had breakfast at DerDutchman in Wayneesville & then went to Cincinnati and toured the Underground Railroad Museum (which was all planned by Kelly & a great job, I might add). Such an impressive place. It took you from the early days of slave trade ....up to the current days. I so much remember being in school in the 50's and realizing that things were changing/should change. Mary Smith was my classmate and negro. We played sports together and had lots of fun. But it was strange that when we had parties or went on field trips/senior trip...she never came. It always made me feel sad. Seeing the museum that we toured on Friday brought back many memories of the 50's and of course...events that followed the following years. Saturday we had about 15 family members over to meet Kelly's family ( Holly's family came down too)... and then we all went to eat at DerDutchman for dinner! Sunday we listened to The Spoken Word and some conference talks on BYU TV. Holly's came again and we had a wonderful dinner that Kelly and Erin prepared-yum! Of course the girls and mom/grandmom went shopping and had pedicures and hair cuts-it was fun. Jose, Dallan & Jay helped Bill with clearing some brush, etc. - it was neat seeing them all work together. Monday was saying "good-bye" time and the family drove to Dayton, Ohio and toured Wright Patterson Air Force Museum. It is an amazing place and they saw as much as they could, Kelly said. Someone told me that you could spend 2-3 days in the place-amazing! The family went to Holly's again and spent the night....they leave today (10th) at 6:00 p.m. We are loving having family visit us...we have the room and each is invited, as each can do it. Dan, Suzanne & Addison are coming July 21-29th. Saying prayers each day that Kris returns to the states safely. Sure glad that Garity and the 3 boys are now at her parents in VA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is from BILL. When I set up my Google acct, I used my old college nickname, not realizing that I might be addressing family members. I'll have to change it when I get a round tuit...
The "brush" that Jose', Dallan, and Jay helped me move from the yard to the brush pile was two large pickup truck loads of large, old stumps, several weighing in excess of 100 pounds, and many in the 50-80 pound range. The temp. was somewhere between 90 & 100 degrees. That pile of stumps has looked like an ugly mountain to me for a year. Now, what remains looks like a molehill. THANKS GUYS!! We miss all of you already.
I don't know Bill, Grandpa Jonsey has a nice sound to it. I vote you keep it, then again, college days and Grandpa days may not blend very well but if they are good memories then why not? My mom uses her college nickname on her acct. She was known as Baker all through college and beyond (she was born and raised in Baker, OR) and my dad still calls her Baker. I don't think I've ever heard him call her Karen unless he was upset with her. So if you see Baker Mum on the comments on my blog that's my mom. Don't worry, I'll never address you as Jonsey though...
Post a Comment