Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April, 1966 - Kelly, Mom & Rob

I loved being able to see the wonderful families my children have raised...I'm so proud of them all, each and every one. and I am so very blessed to have lived to see it all happen:) But I also find myself looking back and remembering when the days were filled with newborn babes in my arms, their sweet smells & wet kisses...and their need for me and I for them. My life was filled for so many years with pregnancy, birth, diapers, crawling, walking, teaching and loving all eight of them! Such a bitter-sweet thing it is to look back and remember and miss them so. Of course a mothers goal is to raise them and see them grow up and raise families of their own. My children do such a wonderful job of it!!! And so I have decided to blog and post pictures of all I can and place some family history for all to see. I love the picture of Kelly & Rob and me. We were living in Butte, Montana and Charlie was working for Anaconda mines. We joined the church while living there. Kelly had just turned 2 yrs. old in this picture and Rob was 3 mo. old. Kelly had reddish curly hair and blue eyes and Robbie had dark eyes and what would become blonde hair ...until he reached 12 yrs. old or so, when his hair turned darker. Kelly was my constant "little helper" from the get-go. Robbie slobbered a lot and gained weight very fast, as I recall...but both made me very happy each day:) The month this picture was taken we had made a trip to Idaho Falls and were sealed as a family there. I remeber Kelly on the trip down...asking us very frequently, "are we there yet"? And every building we saw that was white ...well, she thought it was the temple. I had made them both white outfits to wear. Kelly's as dress and Robbie, pant & top to match Kelly's. Oh my...how the ladies in the nursery made over them both! Sure wish I had pictures of that...but having a camera was rare and we depended on friends to take pictures for us ...that is why I have the one on this post. I've been going through family photos, journals, school papers, etc. that I've kept ...documenting all our families joys and sorrows, etc. I've also been going through many family photos and trying to make decent files for everyone. And in the process...I've finally learned to scan. And so I am going to attempt to blog about the family and post photos that I love and that perhaps no one has seen or at least remembers. I'll eventually include photos of all 8 of you. I know the sons & daughter-in-laws will see photos they've never seen. And the walk down memory lane is so comforting to me. And I think our family history will hopefully put lots of things into proper perspective.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray!!! A new blog post. I love the picture! I don't remember ever seeing that. I am glad you are doing this momma. Love you.

Mary U. said...

Way to go, woman! Really takes a lot of nerve, doesn't it, to walk through the past with photos and memories. At least it is a bitter-sweet chore for me. I wrote this nice long response, and then couldn't figure out how to send it, so lost it :( Now I want to curl up with a good book and not use more than 2 braincells for the rest of today!
If I sound lazy, I am!! Would love to see you. When are you coming to see Penny?

Handsfullmom said...

Janet, thanks for visiting my blog -- how fun to meet a mom with a similar family composition. I do remember Holly, but I'm quite a bit younger than Jennifer (I'm 32 right now; she's 40), so I didn't know your family that well.

It's fun to peek at your blog and see grandkids going on missions and kids grown up and married. That will be me someday, right?

I'd love to hear how the teenage years were with all your kids close in age like ours are, if you wouldn't mind sharing. Any advice? My email is handsfullmom@gmail.com by the way.