Friday, January 30, 2009

Mission Memories

Last night I found out that my first grand-child, Dallan will be serving a mission in the Mexico, Veracuze mission. He will enter the MTC May 27th. Now I know I'm getting old....it seems like only a little while ago that Kelly & Rob got mission calls on the same day....to Peru & Ecuador. I am proud of Dallan and of his family for raising a son prepared to serve the Lord. I remember thinking how proud I was of my two leaving to serve...but how much love and faith it took....to let/see them go. Truly a proud time and a time of "letting go". These are wonderful times to be able to see. I hope to be able to grow older with lots of health & strength for whatever is ahead & be an asset to all....and wish the same for all my children & their spouses/grandchildren/ great-grandchildren???? Not hurrying anything...but I am already praying for those getting ready to come down next. I love my family....very much.

5 comments:

Erin Dougal said...

Don't worry grandma. In good time, in good time.

Holly said...

Glad you started to blog again...I check all the time. Keep going please and thanks for commenting on my blog!

Garity said...

Yea! Mom posted!

Kris and I are beyond excited about Dallan especially since he will be so close to us! He's the very first one to go on a mission on both Kris' and my side so it's extra exciting!

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

Hip hip hooray, I love when you blog Mom. I love you, thanks for raising me right, now you have great grandkids to show for all of your work.

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.